In psychotherapy, I believe that the relationship between the client and the therapist is an essential component to client change. Finding someone to provide support, encouragement and compassion can enhance life’s journey. What makes the therapeutic relationship so special is having a person to share your thoughts and feelings without judgement. I am committed to making this process easier for you by creating an environment of trust, respect and support so you can learn to cope with what you are currently dealing with in your life. We all have the answers we need within ourselves, but we sometimes need help finding them.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (FL, OH)
- With over 20 years of counseling experience, I have worked with many populations from young adults, through seniors, in individual, family, and couple sessions. Together we have addressed a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, panic, grief and loss, relationship issues, boundaries, communication skills, phase of life transitions, trauma, substance abuse, self-esteem, life coaching, and career counseling. My experience includes work with Employment Assistance Programs, group practice with psychologists and private practice. I have also worked 10 years with the David Lawrence Center, spending 8 of those years clinically supervising their substance abuse residential treatment program. In addition, I teach in the Master of Science program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Hodges University in Naples and Fort Myers.
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision from University of Akron, Akron, OHMS in Community Counseling from University of Akron, Akron, OHBS in Family and Consumer Science from University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- Coaching session / $40 / 20 Minutes
- Initial individual therapy / $90 / 90 Minutes
- Ongoing individual therapy / $90 / 50 Minutes