I believe in and offer a supportive, positive and optimistic approach to therapeutic counseling. I am committed to providing compassionate, client-centered, non-judgmental, skillful psychotherapy and education to individuals facing difficult, distressing life challenging situations. We will get beyond the pain and hurt so you can restore hope and identify your personal strengths and inner resources so that you can achieve peace and greater life fulfillment. When appropriate, I believe therapy can be enhanced with an element of creativity and light –heartedness.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (FL)
- I work with my clients to develop coping skills and strategies designed to overcome personal obstacles that may be holding them back from self-fulfillment, growth, and healing in areas of their life where needed.I have experience working with children, adolescents, teens, young adults, adults, and seniors across a wide range of issues and diagnoses including: anger, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, parental issues, family conflict, interpersonal relationship problems, trauma, oppositional defiance, emotional disturbance, cross cultural shock, abuse (emotional, physical, sexual, verbal), adjustment issues, academic underachievement, and school/job/career challenges. I also have extensive experience working with clients coping with grief and loss, chronic illness, terminal illness, and end of life issues. I have worked at the David Lawrence Center for over three years as a clinician serving children as well as adults. As a multi-lingual, experienced License Clinical Social Worker I have worked diverse cultures and I have a good understanding of cultural differences.
- Masters in Social Work -Florida Gulf Coast University – 2012Master of Science - Health Education -University of Wisconsin - La Crosse- 1980Bachelor of Science - Physical Ed & Health Education -Western Illinois University – 1974
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Rapid Resolution Trauma Therapy
- Trauma and Abuse
Session Type / Rate / Duration
- Coaching / $40 / 20 Minutes
- Intial therapy session / $90 / 70 Minutes
- Ongoing therapy session / $90 / 50 Minutes